Vikings TV Series & My Family History Connection
My Family’s Possible Connection to the Vikings
How a TV Series Sparked My Curiosity
Watching the TV series Vikings reminds me of my family history research.
Someone once traced my family tree back to Sigurd, the brother that Ivar kills in the series. I don’t know if it’s been verified, so I can’t say whether it’s true or not. But I find it fascinating that someone could follow a line all the way back to Ragnar and his sons, even if the claim ends up being right or wrong.
It makes watching the battles feel a little eerie, knowing there’s a possibility—however small—that my ancestors might connect to those stories.
If I weren’t interested in family history, I would never have known about the breadcrumbs someone left behind. Whether the link is true or false, it still makes me wonder.
And it makes history even more compelling because of all the ancestors I stumble across. It makes me want to learn about the kind of lives they might have led.

Comments
Post a Comment